Sunday, March 18, 2012

Not Dead, Just Technical Difficulties, and Lock 'n' Load-bound

The Off-Topic Part
I'm not dead, but the month-long silence was induced by the death of my new laptop.  Turns out that spontaneous hardware failure is inconvenient when it comes to using a computer to, y'know, update a blog.  Fortunately, there's this thing called a 'warranty', and ASUS has a decent phone tech support group.

Lock 'n' Load
Yep, I'm going to Lock 'n' Load.  Got the ticket, getting travel arrangements settled...and there's the to-do list.

1) Practice Timed Games
Kind of a no-brainer; a casual game has a much different tempo than a timed tourney game.

2) Pick a Bloody Faction (Probably Legion...or maybe Cryx?)
I've got a bit of the faction ADD.  Part of the 'practice timed games' schtick involves knowing your pieces and being well-practiced with them.  I'm in the middle of repainting my Legion (stripped the metal carni-chassis as they kept falling over...) and Cryx (for the hell of it?).

The other consideration with picking a bloody faction is packing; I'm kinda flying out from the other side of the country and so space is an issue.  Legion gets a nod as I can run beast-heavy, whereas Cryx tends to need more infantry (outside of, say, Morty).

Of course, this also involves figuring out which events I'm entering, but what the hell.

3) Paint That Faction
...kind of a no-brainer, but I'm going to bring a painted army to Lock 'n' Load.  Come on.

4) Take Pictures
...well, duh.  Assuming I have a functional laptop at that point, there might even be batreps.

Wrapup
I intend to get back to fairly regular posts, but laptop and real-life issues kinda interefered.  Who woulda thunk it?

Up Next
Rambling speculation on Legion
Finishing up the 'minions' posts
Rambling speculation on Cryx

Rambling about Colossals?  [pending receipt of the next NQ]

No comments: